Monday, April 12, 2010

I am almost to the hump...WOW!

Monday, April 12, 2010

Hello! How was your week? I don´t know if I remembered to tell you last week but this week is transfers! I am getting so old...I am already on my 6th transfer in the Netherlands. Well, I am staying here in Groningen with Zuster Stapleton! Once again, the confirmation came that it was the will of the Lord and I know that the Lord NEVER makes mistakes! It is always wonderful to be able to start a new transfer with new goals and ambitions...a fresh beginning! Thank you all so much for your e-mails and letters this past week. They helped me SO much! I can feel your love and concern through your letters and I am so thankful for such loving and caring family members and friends. I just can´t thank you all enough and I know that I will never be able to! You do so much for me.
I went to the temple on Thursday! It was really cool because I listened to the session in Dutch and I could understand so much of it. Walking into the temple was so wonderful! I miss that a lot because the Spirit is so extremely strong inside those walls. I know, once again, that the temple is truly the House of the Lord. It was so special to be able to witness President Brubaker doing the work of Zuster Stapleton´s father! We were all brought to tears as we saw him walk into the waters of baptism and be confirmed right after. The veil was extremely thin and I know that her father was so pleased with the work she is doing here in the Netherlands, especially for him. He is now the third member of her family who is a member of the church. I know that one day; many more will come into the church because of her. She has such a special calling! Anyway, the session was so beautiful and it brought back a lot of memories. I can´t help but look back on the unforgettable times I had with all of you within the temple...truly just like a piece of heaven! I am so thankful for the blessings of the temple. It was really cool because as we were walking out I glanced over to the recommend desk and Brother and Sister Spijkerman from Zwolle had just walked in! I ran over and gave her a huge hug and chatted with her for a few minutes. That was such a tender mercy from the Lord. I am hoping that that is how it is when we really go to heaven, being reunited with all of those we love so much!
We had a lot of miracles this week and a lot of great appointments. We got to go to the Bishop´s new house last Wednesday and do some sanding and painting before they move in. It was so much fun to do some hard labor and service is always so rewarding! We also had a few appointments with members for the first time and they are really fired up with helping out with missionary work. We actually even received 2 referrals this week from members! Things are going a little slow with investigators actually making progress but we are still working with Emily, Lotte, and Yvonne. We actually found a new investigator yesterday, Gob, and she comes from Thailand. We are meeting with her tomorrow!
I want you to know that I love you and I hope you are having a wonderful spring time! It is so beautiful outside! I think of you often and you are always in my prayers! Thank you for all you do, and especially for who you are! We are all children of God and He loves us so much! Love ya! Love, Laur
P.S. - Look out for some post!

No comments:

Post a Comment