Monday, May 3, 2010

Happy Mother´s Day!

Monday, May 3, 2010

Hello Family! What a beautiful week! Did you enjoy it? Thanks for the pics Cars! You all look so cute! Did you have a good time at prom? I can´t wait to read about it!
YES! I get to talk to you in less than a week! The rules are the same from Christmas...30 minutes. I don´t know what time is best for you but I was thinking that we could maybe talk at 7:30 PM here, so 12:30 your time. Does that sound okay? The number is 01131652338970. I can´t wait to hear from you! It will be so wonderful to talk for 30 minutes, especially on Mother´s Day!
We were just showered with miracles this week...too many to share them all! But I will quickly share the highlights of the week and hopefully through them you will see how much God loves all of His children!
We were able to teach Swinda 3 times this week, the Elders and a member gave her and Dave a priesthood blessing, and SHE COMMITED TO BE BAPTIZED!!! It has become such an amazing teaching situation because she is experiencing firsthand the blessings of the priesthood so she understands that she needs to be baptized with that authority. The day that she received a blessing, we accompanied the Elders and the member. We were all gathered together in a tiny room and I know that angels were present. As one of the Elders gave Dave (her 6 year old son who has cancer) a blessing, he promised him that he would one day become a missionary too. Now I know that that will only occur according to his faithfulness and Swinda´s faithfulness but I know that it is very possible and that the things that are taking place in their lives are preparing them to receive the gospel so that they will be able to go out and share the gospel. Those 30 minutes were enough to make my mission all worth it...and I didn´t even have to do a thing! It is true that the elect are prepared before we meet them. Anyway, she just loves all of the things we are teaching her and she can´t wait to meet with us again and learn more. Her scheduled baptismal date is May 29, so we hope that she will receive a really clear answer that this church is true and that she follows through with everything the Lord expects of her beforehand so that she will be ready!
Emily came to church for the first time yesterday! We met her at her apartment at 9:00 and walked with her and her 18 month old son to the church. I think that she was a little overwhelmed at first but she learned a lot and built up relationships with members. She is also still planning on being baptized on May 29. I am looking forward to this double baptism!
Last night we held a big fireside with the Elders to promote missionary work in our ward. President Brubaker gave a short talk and we did some trainings and practices. We had a turn-out of about 40 people and they really got excited about helping their friends come unto Christ by doing "small and simple things" (Alma 37:6-7). We are hoping to set up a mini-MTC program every week that members can attend to continue to get training from Preach My Gospel. It´s really exciting!
I love you all and hope that you have a wonderful week! THANK YOU for everything! The Lord lives and He loves you all so much! I LOVE YOU TOO! Happy Mother´s Day to all of you mothers, especially to you, MOM! I´ll talk to you on Sunday!
Love, Laur

No comments:

Post a Comment