Monday, May 24, 2010

I am expecting...May 26, 2010!!!

Monday, May 24, 2010

Hello! I am so thankful for the inbox full of letters that I found this morning! I have some very exciting news about transfers...I am staying in Groningen and I will be training!!! I can´t believe it! I received a call from President Brubaker last night at 10:20 and he said, "Zuster Sharp, the Lord would like to call you to be a senior companion right now and to also train a new missionary." I was in total shock! I think that he could hear that in my voice and so he quickly followed by assuring me that the Lord and he had total confidence in me. He also talked about Groningen being really a huge area of focus right now because he has felt inspired that there is a lot that will be taking place there. He told me that I was called to this area at this time to do some very important work and that I would be able to do it as I continue to serve the Lord with all of my heart, mind, and strength. What a humbling telephone call! As you can imagine it took some time before I fell asleep last night. I just kept having doubts about my ability to train a new missionary because a trainer has such a huge impact on a missionary´s mission and life. But the Spirit kept comforting me and letting me know that as long as I do my best and stay close to the Lord that nothing can go wrong. I just have to keep trusting in those feelings! I will be taking Zuster Stapleton to Utrecht on Wednesday (she will be serving in Dordrecht for her last transfer...I will miss her a lot!) and I will be picking up my greenie there. WOW! Even writing this is making me nervous! Keep praying for me and for my greenie!
This week has been another amazing one! I had piano lessons again with Gabriel Fridsma and I am just having a blast doing it! He is loving it too and is making a lot of progress. He can name all of the notes on the piano and he can also play a few songs out of the book. I will have another appointment with him this week.
On Thursday we took the paper chain to Swinda and Dave. When we arrived at the Ronald McDonald house and called Swinda to let us in she told us that she had totally forgot that we were coming and that she wasn´t home. We were a little bummed out because we were so excited to give it to her and Dave but decided that we would just leave it there in their mailbox. We found a park bench to sit on and we wrote a little note to stick on the chain and then took it back up to the door. One of the workers came to let us in and he said that Swinda had just barely walked in the door too. He led us over to her and she seemed somewhat happy to see us but really stressed and tired because they are waiting to hear the results about Dave. We gave her the chain, picture, and note all packaged up and then went on our way. On our way out Zr. Stapleton had to use the bathroom so I just waited in the hall. About a minute after waiting Swinda came walking up to me and threw her arms around me. She was sobbing and had tears running down her cheeks. She had opened up the package and had the chain in her hand. When she could finally talk, she said that that was the best gift she had ever received. She also said that she wanted Dave to be among the children in the picture because their faces just seemed to glow! Dave came running in a few minutes later with one of the biggest smiles I have ever seen. We were able to take some pictures with them and make a new appointment to meet with them this week. Her heart was truly softened! It was such a huge miracle! Thank you for your prayers in their behalf!
I love you soooo much! I am inspired by each of you and I think about you often! You are always in my prayers! Have a good week and continue to do things for others to make them happy...that is the gospel!
Love, Laur

No comments:

Post a Comment