Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Things are lookin up in Groningen!

Monday, May 31, 2010

Hello! Did you have a great week!? Thank you so much for the e-mails, Mom, Dad, and Brooke! Your e-mails last week sure gave me so much strength and I know that they will do the same this week! I always love the quotes, scriptures, miracles, experiences, and uplifting words that you include. I feel like you are always led by the Spirit to know exactly what I need to hear so thank you for being in tune and being an answer to my prayers!
Being a trainer is so much fun! I am learning soooo much and things have been a little overwhelming at times but luckily everything has gone really smoothly. My companions name is Zuster Harrington and she is from New Mexico. Her dad is actually in the Air Force so she has lived in Germany and Greece at times. She has so much faith and she just wants to do her best to share the gospel and be obedient. I have really learned about the power of an example this week because I see that she does EXACTLY what I do. It is kind of scary! But I am really learning to make sure everything I do and say is in-line with mission rules and in accordance with the commandments. I am also learning more about following the Spirit in decision making, especially when it is just on-the-spot. I am so thankful for the gift of the Holy Ghost! I couldn't do this on my own! I am also speaking a lot more with people and I am thoroughly enjoying that. I think that the most difficult part is motivating her to do things but not pushing her. Luckily she usually says what part of the lesson or contact she would like to give and is self-motivated so that really helps. I have thought a lot about the song “If the Savior Stood Beside Me" this week and I really feel Him close by me. My testimony has been strengthened that He does live! He is always with us when we strive to do the right things. I love the Savior.
The couple of days before Zuster Stapleton left were a little busy! I planned a surprise dinner for her with Familie Fridsma and I am so thankful that I was able to work with Zuster Fridsma to do that before Zuster Stapleton left Groningen. She was so happy that we would do that for her and I think that it made her last night in Groningen extra special!
Wednesday morning we headed to Utrecht to meet up with all of the other missionaries for transfers. My MTC teacher, Zuster Spencer, was here visiting the people and areas from her mission and just happened to be at the train station where we were all gathering! It was fun to see her and all of the other missionaries. I was really nervous to meet Zuster Harrington but now I know that I had no reason to be nervous. We made it back up to Groningen and were actually able to go to the Bishop's house that night. Plans are going through and we, as missionaries, will be planning a ward activity every Saturday in June, July, and August. The Bishop is really positive about the plans and we will have our first activity this Saturday. I don't really know what we are doing yet but hopefully we'll figure it out soon!
We have found so many potential investigators this past week and this coming week looks really positive! Emily is still progressing and shooting for July 3 to get baptized. Swinda has been really busy this week but I had a meeting with all of the YW and YW presidency yesterday and they are going to come to the Ronald McDonald house to do an activity with Swinda and Dave. I am planning the activity for June 18 so if you have any ideas of what we could do, I am open!
Sunday we had a guest service and Zjuleika, a member referral, came to church with her 2 daughters, which was a miracle! The guest service was really nice and we had quite a crowd. Joanne and I threw a musical number together at the last minute and we were blessed! It turned out okay!
I just want you all to know that I love you so much! I really do LOVEYOU! The Lord lives and this is HIS work. We are all involved in it! I am praying for you all! Thanks for your prayers!
Love, Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment