Monday, March 1, 2010

February 15, 2010: Happy Valentine's Day! I love you!!!

Hello family! Thank you so much for the e-mails, Mom, Dad, Brooke, and Carli! So how was your week? Did you have a great Valentine's Day? I hope you know that I LOVE YOU! We had such an amazing week here in Zwolle! I will tell you a couple of the many miracles that we saw:
Tuesday we went out to do some finding. We really wanted to find some new investigators because our teaching pool is kind of small so we asked a family in the branch, Familie Van Andel, to pray for us between 3:30 and 4:40 on that day that we would be able to find some new investigators. There prayers brought so much power! We talked to a few positive people during that hour but the miracle really came at the end of the hour. We looked at the cell phone as we were biking home and saw that we had missed a call from the Mission Office. We called them back as quickly as possible and we found out that there is a man that met the missionaries in Slovakia. He is getting close to being baptized but will be moving here to Zwolle before that will happen. We will have the blessed opportunity to take over the teaching and he will be able to be baptized here! We couldn't even believe it! We fell on our knees and thanked Heavenly Father for that huge blessing and the power of the prayers from Familie Van Andel!
Tuesday night we had our first appointment with a Nigerian man named William. We met him in the Centrum back in November with the bagpipe finding activity with the elders and we were finally able to make contact. It was probably one of the most spiritual experiences I have had. Sue Haina, Zr. Walle's daughter, came as joint-teach with us and she bore such powerful testimony of the truth of the Book of Mormon. William is such a humble man and he said that he could feel the Lord telling him to meet with us. He committed to read the Book of Mormon and come to church...and he did them both! Familie Spijkerman gave him a ride to church and everything just worked out so smoothly with him. We taught him about the Plan of Salvation in our investigator class and we found out that he has a family that is still in Nigeria. He is working hard to be reunited with them and he found so much joy in learning that families can be together forever. At the end of the class we asked him if he had any questions and he said, Ï have only one. What are the qualifications for being baptized as a member of your church?"We were so excited! He is really sincere and we get to teach him again on Tuesday. KEep him in your prayers!
On Wednesday, before we headed out of our apartment, I had a distinct feeling to call Nanda. I dialed her number and she answered. She started to cry when she heard that it was me because she said that she had had a really hard morning. She said, "I can't believe! You two must have special contact with God because every time I need his help you show up on my door, leave me a note, or call me."I promised her that we were representatives of Jesus Christ, sent here to help the people come unto him and feel of his love. She actually had read in the Book of Mormon that morning and set up a new appointment to meet with us next week. The Lord is really working with her. She is really special and I love her so much! I am so thankful for the quiet promptings of the spirit.
I have so many more miracles I would love to share with you but I am all out of time! I love you so much and you remain in my prayers! Have a great week and remember to find joy in the journey! Love ya!
Love,Zuster Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment