Monday, March 1, 2010

March 1, 2010: I'm leaving Zwolle...Moving on to Groningen!

Hello Fam! Thanks so much for the e-mails once again! I have had such an amazing week. I am sure you are all anxious to hear what is going down with transfers so I will fill you in on that first. I thought that since Zr. Wieland is going home on Wednesday I would be taking Zwolle over for the second time. I was so anxious last night and this morning to hear about who my new companion would be and to get started with a new transfer in Zwolle. We waited and waited for a phone call from the Zone leaders but it never came so I finally called my District Leader at about 10:30 this morning. I said, "Do you know anything about transfers?" He said, "Are you serious, Zr. Sharp? You don't know about anything? I am sorry that I have to tell you this but sisters are being removed from Zwolle because there are not enough sisters in the mission. You will be going to serve in Groningen!" I had such a mix of emotion! I LOVE ZWOLLE WITH ALL OF MY HEART! I had a little cry session (I am such a girl) and then I had the most powerful manifestation from the spirit that it was the Lord's will and I have many wonderful things lying ahead of me in Groningen! I am worried about leaving some of the members and investigators behind, especially the women we have been working with and teaching, but I know that the Elders will do so many good things here! I have been calling the members all morning to tell them goodbye and that I love them and I am just so glad that it is not our final goodbye...I know that I will see them hopefully when we come back to visit and also in heaven. Friendships definitely do not end when this life ends! And luckily I don't feel like I am leaving anything undone here in this city. I have done my very best to serve these people with all of my heart, might, mind, and strength, and hopefullly that was enough! My new companion in Groningen will be Zuster Stapleton and she is from St. Kits (somewhere in the Carribean). She is a convert of only 2 years and I have heard that she is just amazing! She has been out for a little over a year and I am so excited to serve and learn from her. I have already worked in Groningen for 3 days on exchanges and I already have a deep love for the members, investigators, and area there. Groningen is actually the city that President Brubaker really feels good about for seeing a lot of success during his time here as mission president so I hope that I can help bring about much good. I will be heading up there on Wednesday so today is my packing day. I just have to apologize for not being able to write very many letters lately. I decided to let Zr. Wieland decide what she has wanted to do for the past 3 p-days before she goes home and we have been gone the whole p-day long. I just feel so bad and I hope to be able to write you a letter today. Know that I haven't forgot about you and I feel so bad...I promise to try to do better!
We set a baptismal date with William this week! It was amazing! We had an appointment with him and he had been reading more in the Book of Mormon. It is so crazy but I have actually been able to see a physical change in him since we started teaching him...he just radiates the spirit and a desire to follow Jesus Christ! We taught him about the gospel of Jesus Christ and he just gets it! We knelt with him in prayer at the end of the lesson and set a baptismal date with him. He was so happy when he decided on the date March 21 to get baptized...it sure will make a special birthday for me! Even though I am not going to be here, I will be praying for him. I know that the elders with really help him progress and step into the waters of baptism. I am not sad at all that I won't be able to see him get baptized because I will be attending a baptism the night before, March 20, in Groningen! THe sisters have been teaching a young women, Joanna, in Groningen and she just set a baptismal date as well. I told you a while ago about her because I had actually had the chance to teach her twice while I was on exchanges and I just have such a great friendship with her already. I feel like things are just falling into place!
We also had an appointment with Ety, Mike, and Nanda this week, as well as appointments with many of the members. We found two new investigators, Eny and Sabes, who are really positive. Zwolle is really being tested and tried right now. Many of the members are struggling. Zuster Lubberink, my little Dutch grandma, fell on Friday and broke her hip, and another ward member passed away. Luckily, we were able to give a lot of lessons to the members and we tried to strengthen them this week. Satan is really working on them because he knows how strong they are.
We had Zone Conference on Friday in Amsterdam and it was amazing! President and Sister Brubaker focused on following the Spirit and extending the baptismal commitment within the first lesson. The mission has already set 15 more baptismal dates since Friday! We are already seeing the miracles that come from following the counsel of the President. I don't know if you know, but the mission got split. All of the French missionaries are now a part of the Paris, France mission so now we are only in the top part of Belgium and the Netherlands. It will be great because we will have more contact with President and Sister Brubaker!
I love you so much! I have been praying for you, Dad and Carli, that you would get feeling better! You are all in my prayers and I love you so much!
Love,Zuster Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment