Monday, March 29, 2010

Today is my 8th month mark...WOW!!!

Hello Family! I hope that you have had a wonderful week and that you are enjoying the beautiful spring weather. There is just something so energizing about the weather getting warmer and everyone seems to be a little more happy. Thank you so much for your e-mails, Mom, Dad, Brooke, and Carli! All of the e-mails I received last week from you just gave me the boost I needed to dedicate all of my energy and heart to the work here in Groningen! I am so thankful for the time that you take to write to me! The love that I can feel in your letters means the world to me! I love you so much!
We had a week of miracles here in Groningen! But, I have decided that I don't like change! It has been a little hard to get totally adjusted to a new place and new people and a new companion but I am starting to settle in. Zuster Stapleton is just amazing! She is just on fire and bears such powerful testimony! She cracks me up because she is so bold and says all of the things that I want to say but would never dare to. She also lets people now that they need to make changes if they are sinning and sometimes I think that people will get mad at us but the Spirit carries it to their hearts in such a way that it is motivating instead of degrading. She also rings the doorbell at every house atleast 3 times just to make sure that the people know that we are there and that is is important to answer the door. I am really learning a lot about diligence with her. She has such simple and powerful faith. She is quite relaxed about time because of her culture and you know how much I am a time freak but it is all working out! It is going to be a great transfer!
We found 3 new investigators this week! I have gained such a strong testimony of focusing time on investigators that are really making progress and spending the rest of the time searching for people who are totally prepared. President Brubaker challenged us to extend the baptismal commitment in the first appointment and I was really scared to follow through with it! But with every appointment this week I have invited people to be baptized and those who are prepared are excited to strive for baptism and those who are not lose interest in meeting with us. Emily, Mayaline, and Lydia are our new investigators and we are meeting with them again this week. Joanne is getting baptized on Saturday and I am so excited! It will be so amazing to feel the Spirit so strong at a baptism and she is so ready. We are also building up relationships with members. Last night we had dinner with the Primary President and I somehow found myself with an assignment to do the sharing time in primary in a few weeks! I am way excited but way nervous! But I know that it will build up trust with the members and let them know how much we love them! I am going to talk to the Young Women and Relief Society President and see if I can work anything out with them as well. I just want to dive into the work here!
Oh, I got my birthday package yesterday in the mail! Thank you so much! I am waiting until Sunday to open it up but beforehand...THANK YOU! You are the best family ever and I love you! Families are Forever. Jesus Christ lives. The Book of Mormon is true! You are in my prayers and I wish you the best week ever! Love ya!
Love, Zuster Laur Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment